Internet is a collection of enormous resources which one can access for free to learn and grow. But among the huge amount of resources available on the internet, learners often face a big issue deciding what to study and what to skip?
Online courses are of a great help as they are having a definite syllabus and the learner do not have to research on which topic to learn and from where on internet. With well structured online courses, the learner can not only learn online but can also experience the same learning experience which one experiences in a traditional offline mode of learning.
MOOC are revolutionizing the online learning process. So, what exactly is MOOC?
MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course. Anyone can access a MOOC for free (or at affordable fees) over the internet and learn.
Few benefits of MOOC:
- Free (Few are paid, but the fees is minimal)
- Accessible over the internet.
- Anyone who has a passion to learn can enroll.
- Courses designed by top universities and experts are available all over the world. A student from India can enroll and learn to a Harvard University’s course.
There are a lot of websites which hosts hundreds of MOOCs.
4 places where you can learn online for free or minimal fees are:
- ALISON offers certificate courses and diploma courses in various languages.
- It offers free courses.
- It has the fastest growing number of users in India.
- edX is a non-profit organization which offers online university-level courses worldwide at a little or no charge.
- It offers verified certificate at a nominal cost. Verified certificates can be showcased by the learner during an interview or in his/her resume too.
- It also offers XSeries certificates for completion of a series of bundled courses.
- Though you need to pay for the certificates, you can audit the course for free.
- It also offers MicroMasters Certification and Professional Certification courses.
- Udemy is a learning platform which hosts courses created by experts.
- It hosts more than 42000 courses. A learner can take up a course at Udemy at his own pace and on any device.
- Unlike edX and other platforms, it does not have any course which provides you college credit.
- It hosts both paid and free courses.
- It is mainly a platform for professionals or students who want to learn a skill and add it in their resumes.
- FutureLearn offers you free online courses. At the end of the course, you can purchase the certificates if you need them.
- It provides programs in association with leading universities and organisations.
There are many more places where one can learn for free. Please refer the following links for more details:
Also, you can get free Amazon e-books and read them on Free Kindle Cloud Reader. Reading books is a great way to learn and grow. With Amazon e-books, learning become more easier, convenient and fun. You can purchase Amazon’s Kindle if you are a avid reader.